Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Dietitian Eats: WIAW (8/12/15)

Hey there! It is time for another round of "Dietitian Eats"! Today was one of those days where I worked 2 jobs, so I am all over the place in what I ate. Nonetheless, here we go!

Breakfast
Had my usual Kashi Go Lean mixed with unsweetened almond milk, my coffee with almond milk creamer, and my Bubba water :)

I worked at 8:30am this morning, so I had lunch early and held the snacks until later.

Lunch
For lunch I had my leftovers from last night: sautéed tofu (extra firm Nasoya brand) with hemp seeds, asparagus sautéed with low sodium soy sauce, whole wheat couscous, and sautéed kale (olive oil and McCormick's garlic herb seasoning). I also had watermelon! Pretty excited about this because I had been waiting for watermelon to go on sale and last week they were! If the container looks like a lot, it is because it is my 2-day stash.


Snack
Forgot to snap a picture, since I ate walking to the bathroom; but, I had a Oatmeal Raisin Cliff bar Z, which was part of my demo at work.

Snack
So, between jobs I was starving! I decided to swing home and make a quick smoothie to hold me for the next 2 hours. My smoothie consists of a handful of mixed berries, unsweetened almond milk, and a scoop of vegan protein powder (can't do milk based proteins)! Sometimes, I will mix in vegetables or use a hemp seed protein. I was kind of in a rush so I just grabbed the one on the counter! I love smoothies for when I don't feel like cooking or just want some nutrition on-the-go.

Dinner
Dinner was another "I failed to take a picture" moment. Whoops :) Anyways, I had a salad made with dragon kale and lettuce from my garden, hemp seeds, pine nuts, dried plums and tahini dressing that I found at Aldi's. Usually, I make my own dressing with a salad dressing bottle I got from Amazon, but today I was not feeling it. I also had a mini wrap with my leftover tofu and hummus. I also munched on some carrots and peas from my garden while getting everything together!

I was feeling something tasty after dinner so I snacked on 2 gummy bears (I know, totally overdid it :):)) and had some mint tea. I usually find if I am bored and want something to snack on, I will make tea and that helps with mindless eating.

How was your day today? Make some healthy picks yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment